FPS (Frames per second)

Learn how to win
[XK]Çhrøñiç
=The General=

FPS (Frames per second)

Post#1 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:19 pm

FPS can greatly influence your halo skills, or at least, the perception of those skills. I had all of my gfx settings on high, and all of my sound settings on high for the longest time. Earlier this week, I decided to experiment with these settings, after hearing many people talking about how lowering your video/sound settings can increase your FPS. This is not a myth. I was pubbing in an XK server, in chillout. After a few minutes, I found myself in the sniper room, with 3 enemies and 1 ally. All of a sudden, I lagged, and before I even knew I was getting shot, I was dead. GG. Fraps said that my FPS was 8. Awesome. Below is a list of everything that I did to increase FPS. It made a big difference. GFX look shitty, but higher FPS = Pwnage. Give it a try:

1) Change your screen resolution to the lowest possible.
2) Change your Framerate to "No Vsync"
3) Set all of the graffics settings to "Low" or "None" or "Off"
4) Set sound quality to "Low"

I was getting 20-30 fps on average. Now I get 60-80. It's still not 200+ like Death gets, but its a big difference. If none of this stuff works, you need a new computer or at least a new graffics card.

[XK]Disciple
=Highly Respected Member=

Post#2 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:19 pm

Ya, kinda common sense that putting down your settings makes it easier on your PC :D

[XK]ßùbònìç

Post#3 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:14 pm

75 or 200 fps you wont be able to see the difference because the normal human eye processes at 72 fps.
so what's the point?

◕‿◕

[XK]Fear
=Captain=

Post#4 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:11 pm

lower sound quality makes ur fps better :?

teA`
Warrior

Post#5 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:23 am

damo told me to set my graphics to 800x600 some time ago...and it really is easier to play with. vsync off, but graphics and sound high. 80-200 fps, depends on where i look

[XK]Çhrøñiç
=The General=

Post#6 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:30 am

Yeah, I mean it is kind-of obvious.... Lowering the vid quality makes it easier for your comp to process info, but I really didn't think it would make THAT big of a difference...

[XK]Disciple

Post#7 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:13 pm

I play with everything on minimal settings, but with VSync on. When it's off everything "rips" and is a bit choppy.

¢å$h
Champion

Post#8 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:27 am

lol i put on novsync and now i get 390- 450 fps.

[XK] УåH

Post#9 » Tue May 01, 2007 5:53 pm

[XK]ßubonic wrote:75 or 200 fps you wont be able to see the difference because the normal human eye processes at 72 fps.
so what's the point?

that is a fact. But in terms of gameplay you can feel the diffrence..therefore sometimes you get shots that make u say wow RAPE.Now the higher The FPS the smoother gameplay is what i mean is shots register more...for example

sometimes u shoot someone and it misses...like a melle that YOU KNOW FOR A FACT HIT...Jon told me a couple of melles that ive gotten on him where BS..in my screen my picture is drawn out faster than his so obviously its like im ahead of him.

Yea a new video card would improve performance but hey unless ur a hardcore gamer or u have the cash to spend on such things i wouldnt upgrade if ur comfortable with wat u have.

Image <--sig made for me by the legendary zorg back in 05' =O

Like a VIRGIN OH OH OHHH LIKE A VIRGIN!!!

[XK]`ZoTOb!=XK=: i got 3D class's on
[XK]`ZoTOb!=XK=: o0
[XK]`ZoTOb!=XK=: its cool

TiGeR

Post#10 » Sat May 12, 2007 1:22 pm

Yea I find that helpful as well.

[XK] Ranger®

Post#11 » Sat May 12, 2007 4:05 pm

lol i get like 500 FPS.. and i still suck

[TMC]rage
nerdshit

Post#12 » Wed May 16, 2007 1:06 pm

fps is overated. if you are a true halo player you would not rely on higher technology to get you by. true players know how to adapt

[XK]ßùbònìç

Post#13 » Wed May 16, 2007 1:25 pm

^ I agree with that above statement

[XK]Disciple

Post#14 » Wed May 16, 2007 5:10 pm

[TMC]rage wrote:fps is overated. if you are a true halo player you would not rely on higher technology to get you by. true players know how to adapt

...Say goodbye to Halo 2 Vista then :roll:

[XK]m1stake

Post#15 » Fri May 18, 2007 12:37 pm

You can't compete with 10 or less.
Forget about the power of technology, science and common humanity. Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for there is no peace amongst the stars. In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war.

Return to “Halo Strategy”