45%
Modern Warfare 2
55%
Total votes: 20

Garniso
Gives Shitty Advice

The Next Game for XK

Post#1 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:08 pm

XK is in need of a new flagship game. As stated before, we need a fresh game to play where we can recruit new people while we still have enough semi-active people to populate a server with enough XKs to draw interest from people who would like to join.

Now to look at what games should be considered (I am going to assume that we are going to stay in the FPS category). From the xfire website, the top 20 games are:

From this list I believe that the only viable choices (based upon game age and popularity) are Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Bad Company 2, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, & Counter-Strike: Source.

On a personal level I believe that BC2 would be the best choice for XK b/c it is a new game (= no one is established & equal skill lvls among players) and it is rather solid FPS.

Regardless of what game we choose, a consensus and action needs to be made soon. The future of XK lays with this choice and time is only ticking away.

[XK]Disciple
=Highly Respected Member=

Re: The Next Game for XK

Post#2 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:26 pm

I second BC2, that game is so fun, plus servers can be monstrously huge so attracting people wouldn't be a problem there.

[XK]Mátêrìã
=The General=

Post#3 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:45 pm

Not a big fan of buying games this day and age for many reasons...
I've never actually played it but I don't mind BC2 if a good majority of you guys are SERIOUSLY willing to give it a try. Over a thousand bucks in Pell grant refund checks are God's recent gift to me...

I totally agree. Came out like what march 5th? It is rather new, so we'd all be in good shape skillwise. CSS and the rest that are like older then even halo are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy out of the question. I'm pretty sure plenty of hacks are made out in many of those older games too. And with a majority of us being terrible, we'd have a really tough time figuring out a truly legit team/individual.
{Pro}Trip: 10.) Being inspired to do drugs. I never did any drugs and only smoked pot like one time before I joined [XK].

[XK]MúrDÉR | Førd

Post#4 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:08 pm

How about Call of Duty MW2 for the Xbox?

Adam
Top Donator
Top Donator

Post#5 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:12 pm

Modern Warfare 2 would be fine for me, on pc tho, also like im willing to give what ever game we decide a shot and go from there..

[XK]BRENTos

Post#6 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:45 pm

CSS is fun to play once in a while with friends because it's just there...get bored, pop on steam and play that. The game isn't that great compared to other ones nowadays like MW2 (COD4 = CSS on steroids) and Bad Company 2, whom I pick. But the community is of greater importance then the game so I'll go with whatever the majority wants - and perhaps when I actually get a PC I can play...I'm working on that though

~ZoTOb!
Jedi Master

Post#7 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:47 pm

MW2 is fun. i will get it for pc soon, and ill get BC2, we should make a poll and rent BC2 and MW2 play them on a 360 or ps3 and will vote.

[XK]BRENTos

Post#8 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:16 am

I was over at a buddies last week, MW2 on the ps3 is so good! I always though the xbox controller was better for fps but not anymore

[XK]Erøsion
=The General=

Post#9 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:40 am

We are not switching to consoles. Shut up. Bad bad bad idea.

Thanks.

Looks like Mw2 or BC2. Make a pole.

(or WoW) LOLOlOOloL

[XK]Disciple

Post#10 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:26 am

AHMIGAH if we move to WoW I shall heal all of us to victory to slay the wicked Lich King!!!!!!1111123

[XK]Neeto

Post#11 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:27 am

if you guys are serious about it and people do switch to a new game and are going to play it, then ill get it also. i used to keep up with what good pc games are out but i don't really play games much anymore and haven't kept up.

[XK]BRENTos

Post#12 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:56 am

[XK]Disciple wrote:AHMIGAH if we move to WoW I shall heal all of us to victory to slay the wicked Lich King!!!!!!1111123

so that's what all my harry potter fanfiction girlfriends mean when they say "AMG", thought it was that but its now confirmed

AIYAAAAAAAAAAAA >_< CHEBU CHIRI KIRI ^_^

FUCK WoW http://www.xfire.com/communities/antiwow/

~ZoTOb!
Jedi Master

Post#13 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:44 am

Test it out on console so you can rent them.

[XK]Çhrøñiç
=The General=

Post#14 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:02 am

I say BC2 over mw2 because the multiplayer has to be superior, supporting private dedis etc. supposed to be a sick game.

[XK]Disciple

Post#15 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:53 am

Ah yes that's another reason why I said BC2. Fuck MW2's lack of dedi support.

Return to “BATTLEFIELD”