=The General=

b doesnt have shit on my metroing

Post#1 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:54 pm

[XK]!B•
=Founder=

Re: b doesnt have shit on my metroing

Post#2 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:24 pm

Um....

Nice video and kills but the main difference between the two of us on Metro specifically is--- all the people on your team that were killed would have been revived by me + the kills and some.

Adam can vouch for me on the revives part because he knows that I'll go out of my way to run out there and save your ass.

Combat Medic <--- is my style.

Meancloth:
Revives - 1,787
Heals - 724

B:
Revives - 3,689
Heals - 136,885
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Dedicated to Dylan Ross aka [XK] Naut RIP
https://naut1987.bandcamp.com

[XK]Neeto
=Highly Respected Member=

Post#3 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:36 am

meancloth,

i'm happy for you. and i'm gonna let you finish - but beyonce had one of the best battlefield videos of all time -- ONE OF THE BEST VIDS OF ALL TIME.

this budlight is pretty damn good, you guys should try some

[XK]Erøsion
=The General=

Post#4 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:34 am

I want that 3 minutes and 10 seconds back.

Also worth it to note that you essentially made a pub video. I assume some people actually scrim in this game, but I doubt you lot do. So unless you have footage from actual scrimmages it's pointless, boring, and not impressive.

[XK]meancloth
=The General=

Post#5 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:10 am

You're cute Ero.

[XK]Neeto
=Highly Respected Member=

Post#6 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:07 pm

damn what a night. i think i am going to make an effort to quit drinking again

[XK]!B•
=Founder=

Post#7 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:30 pm

[XK]Erøsion wrote:I want that 3 minutes and 10 seconds back.

Also worth it to note that you essentially made a pub video. I assume some people actually scrim in this game, but I doubt you lot do. So unless you have footage from actual scrimmages it's pointless, boring, and not impressive.

You should really play Battlefield 3, it is a really incredible game. After playing it for awhile I realized how horrible of a game halo is in comparison. Battlefield 3 is by far the most fun, competitive and strategic team-based first person shooter I have ever played. It is 50% off btw on Origin.

[XK]Erøsion
=The General=

Post#8 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:00 pm

I'd hope bf3 would be a better game since halo came out in like 2001 but that doesn't mean it's more competitive. Well maybe now since halo is so ded but do you scrim in bf3? Or just basically pub all day? I mean pubbing can be fun, but it is hardly challenging. I'm guessing most of the time you get pretty great ratios and such which is fun and great, but it isn't the same as competing against a team of players working collectively to defeat you with strategies and stuff.

And do you have to level up to get weapons and shit? If so I hate that too. Everything should be equal from the start (I'm assuming it's CoD in the way you lv up and acquire weapons/upgrades)

[XK]!B•
=Founder=

Post#9 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:09 am

[XK]Erøsion wrote:I'd hope bf3 would be a better game since halo came out in like 2001 but that doesn't mean it's more competitive. Well maybe now since halo is so ded but do you scrim in bf3? Or just basically pub all day? I mean pubbing can be fun, but it is hardly challenging. I'm guessing most of the time you get pretty great ratios and such which is fun and great, but it isn't the same as competing against a team of players working collectively to defeat you with strategies and stuff.

And do you have to level up to get weapons and shit? If so I hate that too. Everything should be equal from the start (I'm assuming it's CoD in the way you lv up and acquire weapons/upgrades)

I find it a bit funny how you're making assumptions about a game - Battlefield when you haven't even played it at all. In today's world, the two biggest FPS' are COD or Battlefield. Those two are arguably the best competitive shooters on the market and in my opinion COD is more of an arcade-like game where as Battlefield caters to the realistic.

For the most part, the active members of this clan play it and you should too instead of making excuses. Maybe you're afraid because you won't be "the best" or king-shit like you were when we scrimmed in the old halo days, relying on you heavily to help us win. Which is completely understandable. A new game, you're bound not be good at the start and maybe that hurts your ego, who knows? You're probably stuck in the halo mentality, wanting to boss kids. I remember da heat saying that to me in regards to me not wanting to branch out and play new games. The only reason I play halo is because I enjoy bossing kids... I think that's what he said. Now halo is dead to me and Battlefield is its more than welcomed replacement.

Battlefield is far more competitive than halo even in a public setting because the game-play is 1000 times more dynamic and not linear like halo giving the player multiple ways to tackle an objective, kill, and way more opportunities to help the team while rewarding them with points that help unlock weapons/attachments/gadgets and upgrades. A lvl 1 character (for example) can easily kill lvl 100; they have the same health. It is really dependent on your play style and intelligence. I've seen people rank 1st with 0 kills. This game is not like halo and rewards players not solely based on kills.

For me, I don't play for kills or ratio I play based on supporting my team mainly as the medic class, reviving squad/teammates, healing them. You have a choice. You have those that snipe, others that enjoy vehicle dominated maps. It is really based on your play style. I personally like up-close-and-personal maps, like close quarters but from time-to-time, I'll jump in a tank or ride a helicopter to get those experience points to unlock gadgets that will aid me.

Till April 30th Battlefield 3 is only $9.99 $39.99 on Origin. Give it a try and see for yourself what the rest of us is talking about. It would be nice to have you back playing with us and chilling in ts because honestly, I miss having you around.

[XK]meancloth
=The General=

Post#10 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:34 am

On a side note I'd like to add that I was a lot better at halo when I first started than I was at Battlefield when I first started it. And when I started battlefield I already had years of experience with FPS's. Halo was my first (not counting Doom, battlezone, wolfenstein, marathon or quake[obvious reasons]). So having said that, it is clear that BF3 is a much harder game and proves that it takes more skill than other FPS's.

[XK]Erøsion
=The General=

Post#11 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:36 pm

B wrote:I find it a bit funny how you're making assumptions about a game - Battlefield when you haven't even played it at all.

The difference is I state that they are assumptions which basically means I am asking for clarification.

B wrote:Maybe you're afraid because you won't be "the best" or...

B wrote:A new game, you're bound not be good at the start and maybe that hurts your ego, who knows?

B wrote: You're probably stuck in the halo mentality, wanting to boss kids.

Assumptions much? Thanks.

B wrote:For the most part, the active members of this clan play it and you should too instead of making excuses.

Maybe, but I enjoy starcraft and league of legends, both games I already own.

B wrote:Now halo is dead to me and Battlefield is its more than welcomed replacement.

Halo is basically dead. I rarely play, but hey Havoc signed on yesterday and we played a few 2v2s because it is nostalgic and he can't play anything else because of his PC.

B wrote:Battlefield is far more competitive than halo even in a public setting because the game-play is 1000 times more dynamic and not linear like halo giving the player multiple ways to tackle an objective, kill, and way more opportunities to help the team while rewarding them with points that help unlock weapons/attachments/gadgets and upgrades.

You seem to be talking from the standpoint that I want people to come back to halo. I am not although it wouldn't be too bad to play some games for old times sake from time to time. I am however saying that you will always have noobs and people doing their own thing because it is pubbing, not scrimming. I want coordination, tactics, challenges, leagues, etc.

Besides the last time I bought a game like this (Bad Company 2) nobody even played that shit besides maybe 2-3 people. Complete waste.

B wrote:A lvl 1 character (for example) can easily kill lvl 100; they have the same health. It is really dependent on your play style and intelligence. I've seen people rank 1st with 0 kills. This game is not like halo and rewards players not solely based on kills.

While this is good info, I am not concerned whether I can kill a dude at level 100 when I'm at level 1. I'm sure there are shitty players at all levels. I simply don't have the time to put into a new game to unlock shit to suit my gaming style as far as weapons and upgrades. That shit should be available from the get go.

B wrote:For me, I don't play for kills or ratio I play based on supporting my team mainly as the medic class, reviving squad/teammates, healing them.

You'd probably make a good support in League of Legends than and supports are hard to come by.

B wrote:You have a choice. You have those that snipe, others that enjoy vehicle dominated maps. It is really based on your play style. I personally like up-close-and-personal maps, like close quarters but from time-to-time, I'll jump in a tank or ride a helicopter to get those experience points to unlock gadgets that will aid me.

See this annoys me, having to gain exp points to unlock shit. I hate that so much.

B wrote:It would be nice to have you back playing with us and chilling in ts because honestly, I miss having you around.

Well I wish I could game with you all as well but I am not convinced about purchasing this game yet and why I have advocated for other games.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2012/10/the-nu ... s-my-mind/

That article is from 2012 and documents 32 million players playing this free game with 12 million playing EVERY day. That's a fuck ton.

The numbers for bf3 don't even compare (I hate this source but I couldn't find one better, you're welcome to)

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_peop ... tlefield_3

In starcraft or league I can play ranked games against teams or individuals that directly allows me to measure whether I am getting better at this game. As far as I know (AN ASSUMPTION) BF3 has no such thing.

This is evidenced by the fact I have heard of no scrim matches/scrim teams/leagues/etc being promoted by you guys. League and starcraft have all of that shit. I can see that I am visibly getting better by the people they match me up against and my MMR. BF3 just has the CoD-like Exp leveling system which is stupid and indicative of nothing.

oh well

[XK]Erøsion
=The General=

Post#12 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:42 pm

[XK]meancloth wrote:On a side note I'd like to add that I was a lot better at halo when I first started than I was at Battlefield when I first started it. And when I started battlefield I already had years of experience with FPS's. Halo was my first (not counting Doom, battlezone, wolfenstein, marathon or quake[obvious reasons]). So having said that, it is clear that BF3 is a much harder game and proves that it takes more skill than other FPS's.

lol "was a lot better"

Dude you blew at halo sorry. You referencing your skill level in halo to that of Bf3 really says nothing. I have no qualms about how I would do when playing bf3, the game itself just seems annoying. I tried a bunch of other fps games this past year (ghost recon, tribes ascend, and couple others I forget) and was consistently near the top of the scoreboard when playing those even though I was new to them. Shooting is easy if you don't have palsy hand-eye coordination. lol proves bf3 is harder. jokes.

Halo isn't hard to shoot in either, play a game like quake-live or something if you want a fps game that actually takes skill to play.

[XK]!B•
=Founder=

Post#13 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:15 pm

Erosion,

League of Legends nor Star Craft can be compared to Battlefield because neither are first person shooters. Sure you can make the argument that LoL uses FPS' elements but it is not a first person shooter.

Battlefield is on sale for $9.99 from 39.99, that is an amazing deal. I never played Bad Company 2, so I cannot say whether they are similar or not but from talking to others that have played both games, they have said they are different. Besides, like I said before you're getting a wicked deal with Battlefield till April 30th, at least give it a try, how 'bout it?

[XK]Erøsion
=The General=

Post#14 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:36 pm

w/e

[XK]!B•
=Founder=

Post#15 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:21 pm

Nice.

I sent a friend request to "Uncle_Robby" on Origin. I'm assuming that will be your battlefield 3 name as well?

Return to “BATTLEFIELD”