The SimCity Beta Returns

CIV 5 and 6, LEAGUE OF LEGENDS, PUBG, DESTINY 2
[XK]!B•
=Founder=

The SimCity Beta Returns

Post#1 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:22 am

If you missed out on the last SimCity beta or just didn’t get enough, you’ll be happy to know developer Maxis and publisher EA are bringing the beta back. From Saturday, February 16th at 6 a.m. Pacific (9 a.m. Eastern), until Sunday, February 17th at 6 a.m. Pacific (9 a.m. Eastern), folks lucky enough to nab a beta code will be able to play an hour of the game.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/02/08/t ... ta-returns
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Dedicated to Dylan Ross aka [XK] Naut RIP
https://naut1987.bandcamp.com

[XK]Mátêrìã
=The General=

Re: The SimCity Beta Returns

Post#2 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:35 am

So how'd it go? Were you able to get a bit of playtime?

I unfortunately wasn't able to get a key for that event.
{Pro}Trip: 10.) Being inspired to do drugs. I never did any drugs and only smoked pot like one time before I joined [XK].

[XK]Erøsion
=The General=

Post#3 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:55 am

dammit missed this thread.

Garniso
Gives Shitty Advice

Post#4 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:35 am

Arstechnica did a review after playing it over the weekend.....they didn't seem too impressed and I could see why they were concerned after playing the beta.

SimCity impressions: We waited ten years for this?

[XK]Mátêrìã
=The General=

Post#5 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:52 pm

Peter wrote:Fuck. People are abandoning my city. I got hit by a meteor. It burned down a ton of buildings. Now it's all fucked. Game over man. Game over.
WTF, a zombie attack. How the fuck do I solve that? My population just got halved by a fucking zombie attack.
And because there's no save games, I can't go back in time to try a different route. There's no freedom to experiment. Because you suffer permadeath.

Peter wrote:Damn. My schools are overfull. So now my nuclear power plant is being run by morons. Which means it might blow up. Shit. Melted down.
Fucking hell, it's going to blow up again.
I don't understand. They have stopped enrolling in high school. So my education level is falling. So my nuclear power station keeps blowing up. But nothing is telling me WHY they're not enrolled at school. I have plenty of school buses. Well placed bus stops.
Man. Once things start going wrong, they go seriously wrong.

:lol:
{Pro}Trip: 10.) Being inspired to do drugs. I never did any drugs and only smoked pot like one time before I joined [XK].

Return to “THE GAME ROOM”