SimCity 5

CIV 5 and 6, LEAGUE OF LEGENDS, PUBG, DESTINY 2
[XK]!B•
=Founder=

SimCity 5

Post#1 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:51 pm

Bought SimCity 5 Limited Edition. Both Adam and myself are currently playing for those interested in joining up with us.
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Dedicated to Dylan Ross aka [XK] Naut RIP
https://naut1987.bandcamp.com

Garniso
Gives Shitty Advice

Re: SimCity 5

Post#2 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:05 am

Who wants to play when everything is all fucked up. This video pretty much describes the ongoing situation:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xAVadoMwzA[/media]

[XK]Erøsion
=The General=

Post#3 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:23 am

lol why would you buy this game? Did you miss my other posts in the other section? The game is fucked.

[XK]!B•
=Founder=

Post#4 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:08 am

[XK]Garniso wrote:Who wants to play when everything is all fucked up.

[XK]Erøsion wrote:lol why would you buy this game? Did you miss my other posts in the other section? The game is fucked.

I avidly read multiple threads on multiple sites about the issues the game is having. I still bought it; especially because I believe Maxis/EA will eventually resolve these bugs/connection issues. It loaded up fine and it worked flawlessly with no problems what so ever. Adam can make testament to these claims. Besides, the game is fantastic (of course when it is working) and I have yet to experience any of these "issues" of downtime or the connection loss to servers.

Canada UK ftw.

Adam
Top Donator
Top Donator

Post#5 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:04 am

to be fair, I've played 10 hours or so already (shit is addicting) and I had problems connecting at first, but ea opened up a new server and me an b have been on that one with no problem at all!.

Its a REALLY good game!

Garniso
Gives Shitty Advice

Post#6 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:38 pm

Just bought the limited edition for $27. Screw that full price BS.

[XK]!B•
=Founder=

Post#7 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:37 pm

Adam you nub you didn't join my server.
(taxes are at 1% lols)

[XK]Erøsion
=The General=

Post#8 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:24 am

You have an industry demand

Garniso
Gives Shitty Advice

Post#9 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:12 pm

IDK how much longer I will be playing this game until it gets some serious fixes. I could live with grid lock problem by reorganizing how I layout my city to deal with the BS way that Sims go to work/home.

But the biggest issue that makes this game damn near impossible to play is the stupid population count and how that affects every aspect of the game. My city hit over 300K in population but my industry (which is miniscule by comparison to the residential space) cannot fill enough workers. And as I'm rearranging my city and the city population drops (b/c I'm moving residential) my utility demands go up disproportionately. How the hell can a 160K city use 150MW of power at first and then a need almost 400MW for a 120K population?????

The fact of the matter is there is a phantom population at play in the game where your actual population is around 10-15% of what it lists in the population meter. I am being forced to provide services to support a very large city while the game is only giving me the resources of a very small one.....I feel like the U.S. without the borrowing ability.

[XK]Erøsion
=The General=

Post#10 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:05 pm

Yea that's awful haha.

[XK]meancloth
=The General=

Post#11 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:04 am

I'll get it friday

[XK]Erøsion
=The General=

Post#12 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:50 pm

[XK]Erøsion
=The General=

Post#13 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:12 am

[XK]Mátêrìã
=The General=

Post#14 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:12 am

LOL
{Pro}Trip: 10.) Being inspired to do drugs. I never did any drugs and only smoked pot like one time before I joined [XK].

Garniso
Gives Shitty Advice

Post#15 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:49 am

At least bother to read the article where it says, in bold text might I add, that this isn't synced and therefore doesn't save to the server. You'd have to do a fair amount of modifying to try and get the the game to spoof into thinking you are the other city's owner before you could do ACTUAL damage.

Return to “THE GAME ROOM”