Vista 1.04

Our presence in 02 04 demo
[XK]!B•
=Founder=

Vista 1.04

Post#1 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:12 pm

Basically I have Vista and 04 doesn't seem to work. Any ideas other then Vista sucks get XP? I load up 04 and when it gets to the screen where it says campaign, multiplayer ect., its blank, can't see nothing but can hear the sounds. Not sure why, any ideas?
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Dedicated to Dylan Ross aka [XK] Naut RIP
https://naut1987.bandcamp.com

[XK]Erøsion
=The General=

Post#2 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:15 pm

When I reformatted this past week I put on Vista instead of XP. I'm starting to regret it a lot, but I'm far too lazy to reformat again so soon. 1.04 seems to work fine for me :? I also have the service pack 1 so I dunno if that makes a difference or not.

[XK]!B•
=Founder=

Post#3 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:19 pm

Come onto xfire and send me the 04 crack when you get a chance.

`K!`TT´¥
Top Donator
Top Donator

Post#4 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:47 pm

if the crack doesn't work you can try good 'ol run as admin :roll: . or compatibilty mode, either way it should fix your problem

[XK]Erøsion
=The General=

Post#5 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:12 pm

Yeah well I'm at work right now, will be til midnight :P but I don't think the crack is the problem. Vista just sucks lolz I'm getting rid of it when summer starts...

Yeah running it as an administrator might solve your problem. I had to do that the first time I ran halo again. Just right click on your short-cut and there should be a link there for that.

Where's mistake for issues like this... :x

[XK]m1stake
=Highly Respected Member=

Post#6 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:25 pm

reinstalling your OS takes an hour and a half, and if you have xp i don't see why that would be a problem unless you have the worst ADD ever diagnosed.

Actually, fuck that last part. You click "Yes" "Yes" "Yes" "Install" and walk away.

I don't use 04, but running as an admin sounds like a good suggestion, as does being up to date. Also try updating all of your drivers, which really shouldn't have an impact on old games, but often does.
Forget about the power of technology, science and common humanity. Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for there is no peace amongst the stars. In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war.

[XK]Fear
=Captain=

Post#7 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:12 pm

how do u run it as an admin?

[XK]Erøsion
=The General=

Post#8 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:14 pm

Nah it's not the actual installing part that I hate. It's the whole damn process. Backing shit up, reinstalling all my programs to the specifications that I like etc...Here a week later I'm stil installing shit.

Plus right now I don't have the boot up Cd/DvD for it so that is a bit of a problem. Sure I could download it and burn it to a Cd/DvD, but I don't think you really know how lazy of a person I really am... :bonk:

[XK]m1stake
=Highly Respected Member=

Post#9 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:04 pm

I made a "reformat list" for myself. Here's mine, adapt it as needed. I use vanilla Vista settings for the most part.

1. Install OS
2. Download and install updates
3. Install anti virus (nod32 duh)
4. Download and install FireFox
5. Download and install board drivers
6. Download and install graphics drivers
7. Adjust board and video settings
8. Download and install mouse drivers, firmware, and software
9. Download and install AIM, MSN, and Xfire
10. Install Halo, download patch, install patch
11. DisableAlphaRenderTargets in halo config
12. Adjust halo settings
13. Install other games, download game updates
14. Install Office 2007
15. Repeat every 2 weeks to keep vista from growing a saggy penis with boils
Forget about the power of technology, science and common humanity. Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for there is no peace amongst the stars. In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war.

[XK]GµMby
=Spartan=

Post#10 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:04 am

:O My list that I made has about 100 steps. Then again im a perfectionist and have to do it perfect or I redo it all over. Also I am very picky and my list goes way into detail. But yeah graphics driver usually is the prob with halo and vista when I was useing it I had to try a few before I got the ones that I liked/worked good

[XK]Erøsion
=The General=

Post#11 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:46 am

Yeah my list is usually way longer than that. I have a shit load of programs too that I have to make the preferences/plug-ins just right. Overall just a pain in the ass. And I'm a perfectionist a bit too. I lost some of my songs and couldn't figure out what I had lost so I deleted 70% of the songs I did have and redownloaded a bunch of albums. lol..

[XK]GµMby
=Spartan=

Post#12 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:00 pm

Haha yeah I would die if I ever lost my music. Over 10,000 songs.

[XK]!B•
=Founder=

Post#13 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:01 pm

None of this worked. Still no 04 for me :cry:

[XK]Erøsion
=The General=

Post#14 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:34 pm

Damn man that sucks. Well good ole re-installing always fixed any bugs I had with halo. :? Kind of a pain in the ass, but if you really wanna play it's a decent idea.

`K!`TT´¥
Top Donator
Top Donator

Post#15 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:03 pm

10,000 songs...thats alot...i back all my important stuff onto my network storage. and just use my old PC as a servr so i dont have to put it all on my new PC.

Return to “Halo cracked versions”