ScreaM's 1st Montage

video clips from the Halo community.
{xk} screaM
=Prospect=

ScreaM's 1st Montage

Post#1 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:09 pm

Eh, computer sucks and I don't play for clips. But here is my first tage, I hope you "try" to enjoy it
xP. 1 songer and 90mb.

Thanks,
ScreaM

http://www.filefront.com/14845691/ScreaMs-Montage.wmv/

[XK]Erøsion
=The General=

Re: ScreaM's 1st Montage

Post#2 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:57 pm

I'll be honest there wasn't anything in there that impressed me, but then again when you have people like Aqua showing clips where they down the whole other team your standards go up a bit. This was pretty much what you'd expect from someone's first montage.

{xk} screaM
=Prospect=

Post#3 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:24 pm

[XK]Erøsion wrote:I'll be honest there wasn't anything in there that impressed me, but then again when you have people like Aqua showing clips where they down the whole other team your standards go up a bit. This was pretty much what you'd expect from someone's first montage.

Out of my 2 years playing, 1 year I didn't record till I started hpting. And frames are really bad, so at times fraps freezes and etc. An I agree, aqua's vids set a new standard. But thanks your the advice, appreciate it.

shankedup
-Forum Whore-

Post#4 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:34 pm

Critique
Ratings based on standard, and standard is decided by the first standard you don't receive 9/10 overall

Standard: (Noob, Experienced, Professional)
Clips: 6/10
Edtting: 4/10
Graphics: N/A
Song Choice: 3/10
Overall: 5/10

Decent for a first montage but it just looks like you wanted to release a montage not really polish it and show off any skill. Clips looked like they were slabbed together last minute, probably struggled with clips because song was long and you needed to fill time. Minimal song-video sync or effect editing. Song pisses me off, but rating is based on the fact that the song wasn't used to its potential. You did some fancy with the kick beat at 0:30 and the chorus entrance at 1:04, but that's all that stuck out to me.

You definitely have potential, but if you don't spend the extra hour or two for making this an artwork, you might as well give the clips to somebody else.

PS - you clipped on me, so -1 for overall rating!
4/10
Chemtrails conspiracy?
Think about it: The pilots of those jets who spray chemicals are inflicting harm upon themselves because once they land, they get to enjoy the chemical bath along with everyone else.

Testimonials
Chewy: [XK]... the clan you would blow a goat to be in
Garniso: [XK]... where we shoot the messenger and take pride doing it

[XK]Mátêrìã
=The General=

Post#5 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:59 pm

Better then my 1st montage. Prolly better then most's here as well.

You're 5 years late tho. If you made something like that in 04, you'd be deemed the best halo pc player in the world. lol, times change.

It was pretty good for a first montage. Nothing that made me go WOW, but still a decent watch. good job.
{Pro}Trip: 10.) Being inspired to do drugs. I never did any drugs and only smoked pot like one time before I joined [XK].

[XK]Neeto
=Highly Respected Member=

Post#6 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:23 pm

yeah it was good for a first ever attempt at a montage. i rate the song 0/10 though.

[XK]Light

Post#7 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:34 pm

I liked it. Okay.

Pøoscooper▓▒: I'm not telling you for my own safety
Pøoscooper▓▒: b/c if you know my SAT score, you'll know who I'm
Pøoscooper▓▒: that is why i act like a retard online
Pøoscooper▓▒: to protect my identity

di3seL
Nubsauce

Post#8 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:29 am

not bad for a first but song was better than gameplay xD

[XK]Chewy

Post#9 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:17 am

try watching it with no pants on
[01:08] [XK]Erøsion: you are correct
[01:08] [XK] | =JHF= Chewy: say that again.
[01:08] [XK]Erøsion: you are correct

{xk} screaM
=Prospect=

Post#10 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:22 pm

shankedup wrote:Critique
Ratings based on standard, and standard is decided by the first standard you don't receive 9/10 overall

Standard: (Noob, Experienced, Professional)
Clips: 6/10
Edtting: 4/10
Graphics: N/A
Song Choice: 3/10
Overall: 5/10

Decent for a first montage but it just looks like you wanted to release a montage not really polish it and show off any skill. Clips looked like they were slabbed together last minute, probably struggled with clips because song was long and you needed to fill time. Minimal song-video sync or effect editing. Song pisses me off, but rating is based on the fact that the song wasn't used to its potential. You did some fancy with the kick beat at 0:30 and the chorus entrance at 1:04, but that's all that stuck out to me.

You definitely have potential, but if you don't spend the extra hour or two for making this an artwork, you might as well give the clips to somebody else.

PS - you clipped on me, so -1 for overall rating!
4/10

yea you right, but I don't really play for clips. Just for fun and I didn't edit it.

{xk} screaM
=Prospect=

Post#11 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:28 pm

Yea guys thanks for the comments. The editing wasn't done by me, so I never picked the song. But It's hard for me to record and play well at the same time but I try anyway. Hopefully my 2nd will be better.

[XK]Hav

Post#12 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:57 pm

Might as well chime in here. I thought your best clip was the dammy, even if you saw sky being invis there it was still a good triple. I like how this was completed by you "capping" now you skip the part where you actually grab the flag and go cap, and only show you capping, which is misleading..maybe you capped at some other point in the game or maybe in another game..? Next time show that you at least cap in that sequence just fast forwarded. I know how hard it is to get good footage being on useff as well so I give you the benefit of the doubt.

But I just want to say when you kill someone once and then sorta fade out and kill them again about 20 kills later, that isn't footage worthy. Try to at least have some fluidity in your sequences like on your heh ts clip, that was a good clip because you killed 4 people in one sequence and you showed that unique useff pistol footage. Also, you kinda lost me on that bg push, I saw your teammate try and go cap, and die. Then you ported with their rifle and killed two people off body shots. Kinda of a fail push there.

Good job on getting this released, I will probably never release a montage because I only want to have clips that are either really interesting, insane shots, really cool pushes, etc.. It'll just never happen.

[XK]Erøsion
=The General=

Post#13 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:42 pm

Havoc we'll make our dualtage at somepoint. I'm sure we could probably even make it now, but I know we both need good triples and kiltacs

[XK]m1stake

Post#14 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:03 am

Downloading, looking forward to watching this. I wish I could play halo right now (or after 12 hours of sleep as the case may be).

None of the shots seemed all that incredible. I think the best video shots are just plain old random luck. Your chances of doing something like this get better if you're a better player, but no one can substitute skill for luck.

It didn't really excite me, which was strange because halo and halo videos were always kind of like that. Maybe the music had something to do with it. I don't know why everyone dislikes it so much; it's not a really great song but there's nothing that really makes it bad either.
Forget about the power of technology, science and common humanity. Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for there is no peace amongst the stars. In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war.

Return to “Montages”