Learn how to win
oneunited
nerdshit

Post#31 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:34 am

thanx everyone that really did help alot

Rupture~!
Soldier

Post#32 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:45 am

lol :D maybe u shd try a different weapon e.g. Shotgun =D u kan do 1 shot kills with them =D

teA`
Warrior

Post#33 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:23 am

their gud 4 long range 2

Post#34 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:23 am

nah i hate shotgun i like sniper n pistol i am good with sniper n improving with pistol.

oneunited
nerdshit

Post#35 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:25 am

Anonymous wrote:nah i hate shotgun i like sniper n pistol i am good with sniper n improving with pistol.

that was me i forgot to log in.

[XK]m1stake
=Highly Respected Member=

Post#36 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:41 am

shut up
Forget about the power of technology, science and common humanity. Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for there is no peace amongst the stars. In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war.

[XK]ßùbònìç

Post#37 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:41 am

I love the shotty nothing like getting up close & personal and blasting away like a mad & drunk redneck.

Rupture~!
Soldier

Post#38 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:24 am

shotties rule in a corridor

ÞùRify¹
Newb

Post#39 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:09 am

Really didn't need to spend this much time over this guy.
Just do what lash did. Videos will help you the most kid. That combined with experience.

Hope you improve.
Þure¹
Halo Warrior: OS- uL` [XK] [HG] [SM] ~DRA~ $7
HPT | CBCUP | KW

Let the Purification Commence... KW | CB CUP | HPT

Post#40 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:00 am

Alright. People have different movement patterns and how you shoot varies accordingly to what they do.

a few things to remember:

- Remember, always aim at the forehead, it does more damage then the rest of the face or neck.

- Dont hold the pistol trigger down. Repeatedly fire it. It may sound dumb because you will be clicking the mouse like a madman faster then the rate of pistol fire, but then you can coordinate clicks with quick mouse lurches when you respond to a change in his movement pattern. I've tried it both ways and I like to repeatedly fire it. Your choice.

Example 1:

Lets say Hes at point A and is moving towards point B and vice versa:

A -------------->B
A <B>B
............XX

A --------0----->B
.....................XX

A <0B>B
............XX

A <0B>B
....X

A<0B>B

So the nade is to one side, he will move to the right side where you are firing with your pistol. If he starts moving to towards the nade hes probably dead in a few shots.

Using Pistol Zoom:

The zoom on the pistol is fantastic. If you are on puma's hill you should be able to use zoom and lead a little more then normal (6 widgets) and get someone going from blue tele to feul rod.

As a rule of thumb, if you are firing normally, and in order to hit your crosshair thing goes over your opponent, then you are too far away and need to zoom in.

-------------------------
Fighting the Stutter Step Pattern:

I use the stutter step and from experience I know what hurts taht the most. I use this techinque for sniper as well.

Lets say hes here:
A----------------------0------------------------B

Pick one side to 'watch' but not fire. *little xxs)

A---------------xx----0------------------------B

Move your crosshair on one side and start firing when you see him change direction. So what you are really doing is leading on one side only. That way you will be able to react faster to random changes in direction.

A---------------xx----0------------------------B
A------------------------------xx---0-------->B
A<-------------------------XX---0-------------B

------------------------------------------

Alright, thats what I got. Hope it helps.

Rescue

XK·FD~Nazi`

Post#41 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:59 am

^ my monthly mathematic dose
ScreaM: scream
ScreaM: lol tried for xk?
[XK]Naz: oh god not you
ScreaM: im not souless

____
{xk} «ÑéêtØ»: if it aint white it aint right
____
[XK]Erøsion wrote:
look at this nigga hating. just because you cant rock a fedora lmao i own like 5.

Post#42 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:04 pm

lol sorry.

[XK]m1stake

Post#43 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:45 pm

everyone developes their own style, this doesn't help anyone.
Forget about the power of technology, science and common humanity. Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for there is no peace amongst the stars. In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war.

[XK]BRENTos

Post#44 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:58 pm

Mistake is right. All you need to do is shoot slowly though. I like the comparison of shooting a sniper rifle bullet to shooting a pistol bullet. The faster you shoot, the less accurate you are. Then again you have to have fast reflexes to begin with. Play some twitch shooters like UT and Quake, it really helps alot with reacting fast to enemies. Playing too much hpc turns your fps skill into that of a sick, down syndrome snail trying to crawl across a highway.

Post#45 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:00 pm

It's helped many where i come from, it helps give them a basis of strafes, firing techniques, etc. They kinda go on their own from there. I undertand everyone does their own thing, but it almost every strafe has some of what i stated in the guide. So it's a little useful. It may not help you in particular, but im sure it will help someone down the road.

Return to “Halo Strategy”